Inside the mind of an intellectual "Jerk"

Monday, July 6, 2009

I. b.e. u.p. o.n. t.h.A.t.!

For the first post, I guess I should provide some background. I was inspired to start this blog out of the need to speak on (vent) issues that I witness personally that make me shake my head in anger, disgust, disbelief, or even laughter. This is not simply a negative commentary on society...contrary to popular belief i'm really an optimist. That optimism is however seasoned with some measure of skepticism (realism). So take everything you read in this blog with a grain of salt. As my now infamous quotes goes: "SENSITIVITY SUCKS!"

Now that the formalities are out of the way, I guess I'll start by explaining the acronym which is currently the title of the blog. Without further delay, (I know the suspense is building) the acronym means: Ignorant Behavior Explicitly Undermines Potential Of Negroes That Have ANY Tact.

A few recent public displays of ignorance have upset me beyond healthy levels, which on the surface seem rather inconsequential. But deep down, these shenanigans (the BET Awards for example) struck a chord in me that caused me to pretty much walk away to calm down. I guess the older I get, the more I see how blatantly classless, tasteless, and IGNORANT, amongst any number of other unsavory descriptives that one might use to classify such public spectacles. Not only do I feel like black people are sent in reverse everytime such non-sense airs, but it's just plain LAME.

I will speak on BET more in depth later on, but that's just the example i'm using to explain the acronym. I chose such an "Ebonical" phrase to exemplify the true nature of SOME people that should probably chill out seeking attention until they fully understand the relationship between nouns, verbs, adjectives, and all the other elementary grammar elements that we learned (or should have) so many years ago. At the risk of sounding like Bill Cosby (a grouchy sell-out at this point), something needs to change or else we will continue to fall by the wayside.

P.S...being/getting "ratchet" is not something to celebrate. EVER.

Ahh...that feels better.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you found an outlet so that you can vent all of your "frustrations" because I sure wouldn't want these issues to "upset you beyond healthy levels" any further haha jk.

    I don't know if I agree that you are an optimist, but I guess that it is a matter of opinion.

    In all seriousness, I love the acronym & the blog! I just hope that you will go more in depth about your feelings on the BET awards and other programs on BET (such as Tiny & Toya). Give specifics!!!

    Ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise bahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this post. I never understood why material goods are more important to some then clean credit and a place to live-what? are you going to take those Jordans with you when they evict you.
    I think people get really invovled with the idea that one is supposed to be "balling" in college when it's quite the opposite.
    Good posts, Ryan, I look forward to reading more in the future

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search